Pre Tan Preparation:
- Shower and lightly exfoliate 24 to 8 hours before tanning. (Please do not use Dove soap or body wash, as this tends to leave a film on the skin and can act as a barrier)
- Any shaving, hair removal or waxing needs to be done 24 hours before your appointment
- On the day of your spray tan, your skin needs to be clean. Please do not apply any moisturizers, deodorants, perfumes, oils or makeup.
- Remove all jewelry before your appointment
- Wear dark and loose fitting clothes to and from your appointment (also loose shoes such as flip-flops)
- Disposable thongs are provided but please feel free to bring your own bikini or under garments
- Do NOT plan on swimming, sweating, bathing or exercising for at least 8 hours after your spray tan – plan accordingly
- Protect your vehicle interior if driving straight after your appointment and use a towel to cover leather or light coloured seats
- Recommendation is to wait 8 hours before showering. The color gets darker with time.You may use mild soap in private areas.
- It is normal for the solution to come off in the shower. It's important to shower at least 8 hrs. after because the solution that sits on the skin will start to oxidize. Your tan is underneath and has penetrated the top layer of your skin.
- Pat dry with a towel, don’t rub dry.
- Apply a moisturizer immediately after showering on damp skin; Moisturize twice daily
- Some products can cause faster fading. These include: Bar soaps, Alcohol based products such as toners and astringents, acne cleansers or products that cause exfoliation such as AHAs, BHAs, Retin-A etc.
- Soaking in hot tubs, ocean water or swimming pools (contains chlorine) will lessen the life of the your spray tan.
- You can tan and burn on top of your spray tan. It is important to use waterproof sunscreen.